|Renders||20kg Paper Bag|
Forming part of the Wallcote system, Wallcote Trade Render is a cement based render containing graded silica sands and proprietary additives to aid workability.
Wallcote Trade Render is a general purpose render, recommended for applications where a medium to high build (5-10mm single coat) is required, such as rendering over raked mortar joints and also for low density substrates.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
|Excellent water resistance||Prime|
|Excellent vapour permeability||Acryloc Prime Seal|
|Excellent crack resistance|| Joint Set & Beads/Trims (if required)|
|Excellent durability||Acryloc Patch (add 5-10% cement)|
|Aids coverage of subsequent coatings|| Fill / Patch / Skim (if required)|
|Strong adhesion||Acryloc Patch|
|Low maintenance||Render Coat (if required)|
|Easy to apply||Wallcote Trade Render plus Liquid Bond (if specified)|
|10 yr Coating System warranty when correctly applied||Texture (if required)|
|Easy & safe clean up||Acryloc Marblecote Medium or Coarse
(or) Sandcote Fine / Medium / Coarse
(or) Trowel On Scratch
(or) Tuscan Fine/Moroccan Med./Rustic Coarse Roll On
Protective Colour Coat (recommended)
Acryloc Armourflex Masonry Matt or Lo Sheen
(must prime Render Coat if no texture applied)
|SUITABLE SUBSTRATES –
when properly prepared
|Primer required?||Liquid Bond required?|
|Fibre Cement Sheeting||Optional||No|
|Concrete and Clay Brickwork||Optional||No|
|Tilt panel walls||Optional||No|
|Other primed exterior surfaces||Optional||No|
|Other proprietary cladding systems*subject to
substrate manufacturer’s recommendations
- All surfaces to be rendered must be clean, sound and free from contaminants including; oil, mould release, dust, dirt, silicone, mud, grease, salt, efflorescence, animal droppings and any loose or flaking material.
- It is preferable that substrates are primed with Acryloc Prime Seal prior to application of Wallcote Trade Render. Priming the substrate first will aid render adhesion, improve substrate surface characteristics for over-coating, even out absorption of water from the fresh render giving a better finished job and reduce the chance of efflorescence pushing the new render off the old substrate.
**Note: priming the substrate prior to applying render does not omit the need for subsequent priming of the new render prior to painting etc.
- If the substrate is not primed, it may be necessary to ‘wet down’ or ‘dampen’ the surface prior to rendering, particularly if the substrate is porous and water absorption is likely.
- Apply Prime Seal at the rate of 8-10m2/L and allow to dry (approx 30mins).
- (Note: The concentrate form of Prime Seal must be diluted before use).
- Care should be taken to keep Wallcote Trade Render off windows and adjacent surfaces that are not to be coated, as it can be very difficult to remove once allowed to dry.
- Wallcote Trade Render may be applied by trowel or with suitable spraying equipment.
- Wallcote Trade Render is normally over coated using appropriate components selected from the Wallcote system.
Note: When mixing Wallcote Trade Render for the first time it is advisable to start by using the minimum amount of water recommended for the first bag and then adjusting the workability by following the procedure below. The total amount of water used in this first mix can be recorded and used as a guide for mixing subsequent bags.
- 3.5 – 4 litres of water is required per bag of Trade Render (depending on method of application & workability).
- Add the required quantity of water to a suitable mixing vessel (20 litre pail recommended). Add Acryloc Liquid Bond to the water, if required, and stir thoroughly.
- Add the Trade Render to the water steadily while mixing with a power stirrer until it is smooth and lump free.
- Allow the mix to stand for five (5) minutes before use or before adding extra water and remixing to adjust to the workability required.
- When mixed with water the maximum pot life is two (2) hours, do not add more water to extend pot life as this will reduce the strength and durability of the finished render.
Brickwork & common masonry substrates
- Apply a coat of 3 – 5mm thickness.
- Work on a 1- 2m2 area and immediately finish with a suitable straight edge.
- Work in this fashion until the whole area is flat and even.
- Apply second and subsequent coats as required, with each being no less than 3mm and up to 5mm thick.
- Once the finish coat/s have firmed slightly, rub-up with a wooden, sponge or polystyrene float to produce an even, uniform and smooth surface.
Proprietary façade systems
- Follow the façade manufacturer’s specifications for finish coats and consult the relevant Acryloc Specification Sheet for any required special instructions.
Curing time allows the render to develop sufficient strength to resist mechanical damage before overcoating.
Multiple Render Coats
– Allow minimum 3 to 4 hours curing time before applying second and subsequent render coats.
– Allow 2 to 3 days curing per coat of render before applying texture or paint coatings.
Single render coat
– Allow 2 to 3 days before applying texture or paint coatings to a single, fresh 3-5mm render coat.
– Allow 5 days before applying texture or paint coatings to a single, fresh sprayed render coat. More time is required because sprayed render is normally applied thicker than 3-5mm and because the mix contains more water per bag.
- Do not apply Wallcote Trade Render on unprotected surfaces when rain is anticipated within 6 hours of completion of the days work, longer in damp, cold +/or humid conditions.
- Avoid application in full sun, on hot surfaces or in hot windy conditions.
- Application should be carried out on a day with temperatures above 10°C and below 32°C.
- Coated area must be protected from damage until the completion of the project; finished work must be protected from rain, frost and severe weather conditions until fully dried.
|Thickness (mm)||m2 per 20Kg bag|
|3||3 – 4|
Note: Actual coverage achieved depends on the water quantity used and the substrate.
Clean up with water
Shelf-Life – Unopened Bags
Maximum 1 year from date of manufacture when stored correctly.
Transport & Storage
Store in a dry place, off floor level and preferably on the original pallet.
For further information refer to MSDS for Wallcote Trade Render.
Acryloc Building Products provides a material replacement warranty against bubbling, peeling or flaking of the full Wallcote Coating System caused by any defect in manufacture for a period of ten years when applied correctly by a skilled and experienced applicator in accordance with all current application criteria, including but not limited to, substrate type and preparation, application rates and methods, prevailing weather conditions and protection of finished work.
Application dates, product batch numbers and quantities must be recorded and supplied as a minimum to effect potential product failure investigation.
Acryloc Building Products provides no warranty, expressed or implied, against damage due to movement of the substrate or structure.
Acryloc Building Products cannot accept responsibility for variations in colour, strength, appearance or workability resulting from on-site mixing procedures and conditions.
SAFETY & HANDLING
Refer to MSDS for Wallcote Trade Render before use.
When working with Wallcote Trade Render observe the usual precautions for handling acrylic water based products including:
- Avoid inhalation of the vapour, prolonged skin contact and particularly eye contact.
- Wear protective clothing to minimize skin contact and wear goggles where splatter is likely.
- Where spills occur, soak up liquid spillage with sand/sawdust and dispose of in a sensible manner. Do not permit run-off to sewer, storm water or open bodies of water.
FIRST AID MEASURES
Refer to MSDS for Wallcote Trade Render before use.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water. Do NOT induce vomiting. Drink at least two (2) glasses of water. Seek medical attention.
Wash with copious amount of water for 15 minutes holding eyelid(s) open. Take care not to rinse contaminated water into non-affected eye. Seek medical attention.