|Texture Coats||5L, 15L Heavy Duty Plastic Pail||7kg, 21kg respectively|
Forming part of the Wallcote system, Acryloc Sandcote textures are durable, sand based coatings; ideal for providing an attractive finish on correctly prepared domestic & commercial, exterior & interior wall surfaces.
Acryloc Sandcote textures are available in three grain sizes coatings, manufactured as tintable, white bases.
Acryloc Sandcote can be applied by trowel or by spraying.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
|Excellent water resistance||Prime|
|Excellent vapour permeability||Acryloc Prime Seal|
|Excellent flexibility||Joint Set & Beads/Trims (if required)|
|Excellent crack resistance||Acryloc Patch (add 5-10% cement)|
|Excellent durability||Fill / Patch / Skim (if required)|
|Strong adhesion||Acryloc Patch|
|Low maintenance||Render Coat (if required)|
|Easy to apply||Wallcote FR, for AAC, polymer modified, fibre reinforced|
|Water based||Wallcote Pro Render, polymer modified, low – medium build|
|10 yr Coating System warranty||Wallcote Trade Render, traditional Render, medium – high build|
|Easy & safe clean up||plus Acryloc Liquid Bond (if specified)|
Sandcote Fine / Medium / Coarse Texture
Protective Colour Coat (recommended)
Acryloc Armourflex Masonry Matt or Lo Sheen
SUITABLE SUBSTRATES – when properly prepared
- Cement Render
- AAC (Autoclaved Aerated Concrete)
- Fibre Cement Sheeting (Fibro/Blue board)
- Rendered expanded polystyrene
- Clay and Concrete Brickwork
- Concrete blocks
- Tilt panel walls
- Other primed exterior surfaces
- Areas not to be coated should be masked and protected.
- All surfaces to be coated must be clean, sound, free from contaminants including; oil, mould release, dust, dirt, silicone, mud, grease, salt, efflorescence, animal droppings and any loose or flaking material.
- All substrates must be primed with Acryloc Prime Seal.
- Apply the Prime Seal at the rate of 12.5-16.5m2/L and allow to dry (approx 30mins)
(Note: The concentrate form of this product must be diluted before use)
- Imperfections and butt joints can be filled with Acryloc Patch with 5% Portland Cement added.
- The surface may be coated with Acryloc Patch or Acryloc cement based Render, as required, before applying Acryloc Sandcote.
- Acryloc Sandcote does not require thinning or dilution. Up to 300mL of clean water can be added to a 15L pail to adjust the workability if desired.
- Mix thoroughly with a broad, flat stirrer, using an upward lifting action, or use a power mixer.
- Power mixing is recommended as this will enhance the workability and give the best coverage.
- A wet edge should be maintained throughout the application and day joints formed at corners, expansion joints or mouldings where they will not be evident after completion.
Trowel on application
- Apply Acryloc Sandcote to the surface, trowelling to the thickness of the largest particle.
- Commence at the top of the wall panel. (Two or more applicators may be required for large uninterrupted wall areas).
- Allow surface to stand for a short time prior to finishing.
- Rub up or ‘finish’ with a suitable texture float either in a vertical or circular pattern depending on the desired finish and profile.
- Application must be carried out in a brisk uniform fashion, terminating only when a whole area or section is completely coated. For example; a natural break, expansion joint or corner.
- Acryloc Sandcote should not be extended (spread) too far; otherwise durability and hiding power may suffer.
Spray on application
- Hopper gun, pressure pot or diaphragm pump system can be used to produce a fine supple texture or high-build chunky texture.
- Care should be taken to keep Acryloc Sandcote off windows and adjacent surfaces that are not to be coated, as it can be very difficult to remove once allowed to dry.
- Do not apply Acryloc Sandcote when rain is anticipated within 5 hours of completion of the days work, longer in damp, cold +/or humid conditions.
- Avoid application in full sun, on hot surfaces or in hot windy conditions.
- Application should be carried out on a day with temperatures above 10°C and below 32°C.
- Coated area must be protected from damage until the completion of the project; finished work must be protected from rain, frost and severe weather conditions until fully dried.
- Acryloc Sandcote is normally over coated with Acryloc Acryloc Armourflex for best colour accuracy, to improve durability and to reduce dirt pickup.
Clean up with water
Shelf-Life – Unopened Containers
Maximum two (2) years from date of manufacture when stored correctly
Transport & Storage
Pails should not be stacked more than three (3) high during transportation and must be transported upright.
Store in a cool place, upright, out of direct sunlight and above 4°C.
For further information refer to MSDS for Acryloc Sandcote.
|APPEARANCE||Off white textured viscous liquid|
|APPLICATION METHOD||Spray, trowel|
|SPECIFIC GRAVITY (NOMINAL)||~1.5|
|THEORETICAL COVERAGE||1-1.2m²/L Fine; 0.8-0.9m²/L Medium; 0.7-0.9m²/L Coarse|
|WET FILM THICKNESS (RECOMM)||Product grain size|
|DRY TIME (25°C & 50% RH)
|Tack Free||Recoat/ Overcoat||Fully Dried|
|2 hours||After 3 hours||24 hours|
|NO. OF COATS||Typically 1 coat|
|GLOSS LEVEL||Matt – low gloss|
Acryloc Building Products provides a material replacement warranty against bubbling, peeling or flaking of the full Wallcote Coating System caused by any defect in manufacture for a period of ten years when applied correctly by a skilled and experienced applicator in accordance with all current application criteria, including but not limited to, substrate type and preparation, application rates and methods, prevailing weather conditions and protection of finished work.
Application dates, product batch numbers and quantities must be recorded and supplied as a minimum to effect potential product failure investigation.
Acryloc Building Products provides no warranty, expressed or implied, against damage due to movement of the substrate or structure.
Acryloc Building Products cannot accept responsibility for variations in colour, strength, appearance or workability resulting from on-site mixing procedures and conditions.
SAFETY & HANDLING
Refer to MSDS for Acryloc Sandcote before use.
Observe the usual precautions for handling acrylic water based products including:
- Avoid inhalation of the vapour, prolonged skin contact and particularly eye contact.
- Wear protective clothing to minimize skin contact and wear goggles where splatter is likely.
- Where spills occur, soak up liquid spillage with sand/sawdust and dispose of in a sensible manner. Do not permit run-off to sewer, storm water or open bodies of water.
Full pails are HEAVY. Wear protective footwear and seek assistance if necessary.
FIRST AID MEASURES
Refer to MSDS for Acryloc Sandcote before use.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water. Do NOT induce vomiting. Drink at least two (2) glasses of water. Seek medical attention.
Wash with copious amount of water for 15 minutes holding eyelid(s) open. Take care not to rinse contaminated water into non-affected eye. Seek medical attention.
Advice to Doctor